Cue #1 - A heated verbal exchange is a pre-assault cue.
Cue #2 - Carrying a blunt weapon is a pre-assault cue.
Cue #3 - Switching the weapon to the left hand to free the right hand is a pre-assault cue.
1. Deny the Opportunity to Attack by maintaining a safe distance.
2. Keep the hands up and palms forward to protect the head.
3. Determine Confirmation of Bad Intention through verbal and physical boundary setting.
4. Use Verbal Escalation to deter the aggressor.
5. Respond to the Trigger to Act as necessary.